Event Announcement: Panel Discussion – How can and should Germany contribute to the Operationalization of RtoP?
ICRtoP and Genocide Alert
27 April 2012
The German NGO Genocide Alert is organizing a panel discussion on the question how Germany can contribute to further operationalize the Responsibility to Protect. Panel participants will discuss in how far Germany has supported the emerging norm so far and what it can do to increase its support. The panel discussion, which is organized with the support of the International Coalition for the Responsibility to Protect (ICRtoP), will take place on Thursday, 10 May 2012 at 7pm at the “Haus der Demokratie und Menschenrechte”, Robert-Havemann-Saal, Greifswalder Straße 4, 10405 in Berlin.
The panel is expected to last until 9pm and will be followed by a reception.
Panel participants include:
• Marina Schuster, Member of Parliament for the FDP
• Thorsten Benner, Associate Director, Global Public Policy Institute
• Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Seibel, Professor of Politics and Public Administration at the University of Konstanz
• Hermann Nicolai, Section Head, UN General Assembly and Global Governance, Foreign Office Berlin
• Robert Schütte, President Genocide Alert
The event will be moderated by Wenzel Michalski, Director of Human Rights Watch Germany.
To view the brochure of the event, see here.